Activities Requiring a Permit
A permit from the Town Manager is required before proceeding with the following activities:
- Removing, destroying, or impairing a tree on private property with a trunk at least 24 inches in diameter at 4.5 feet above ground level. A permit is not required for normal, reasonable trimming or tree care, or in an emergency when the tree constitutes an imminent hazard to persons or property.
- Erecting or demolishing any structure, or making material structural alterations or additions to a building.
- Constructing, rebuilding, or re-constructing any off-street parking area.
- Constructing or replacing (but not re-surfacing or repairing) more than 50% of an existing driveway, driveway apron, or curb cut.
- Excavating, grading yards, installing a sump pump, or a new sump pump discharge.
- Blocking or closing a street or sidewalk in connection with construction activities.
- Constructing, altering, replacing, or enlarging a fence or wall.
- Installing an electronic dog fence.
Failure to comply with these permit requirements may result in a fine, suspension or revocation of a permit, or other administrative sanctions.